I’ve been getting this question a lot. I can’t speak for the movie, obviously, as I didn’t make it, but as for the book:
The Fault in Our Stars was the first non-documentary feature film to be granted access to the Anne Frank House precisely because the House’s board of directors and curators liked that scene in the novel a great deal. (A spokesperson recently said, “In the book it is a moving and sensitively handled scene.”)
Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League and a Holocaust survivor, had this to say: ”The kissing scene in ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ in the annex of the Anne Frank House is not offensive or against who Anne Frank was. What Anne communicated in her diary was hope. She celebrated life and she celebrated hope.”
Obviously, the Anne Frank House and the ADL do not have a monopoly on Anne’s life or her legacy, but their opinions are important to me.
Plus it was THE FIRST TIME that a girl kissed a boy in a teen romance I mean has that ever happened? Ever?
This is a good joke, and I enjoyed it. And I will take this opportunity to again apologize for saying a stupid and offensive thing.
But I do want to underscore that in the post above, I am talking about the book. In the book, Hazel does not kiss Gus. So if I wanted to congratulate myself for that, I couldn’t, because in the book, Hazel does not kiss Gus. (It’s not stated who, if anyone, kissed whom.)
If I lend you a book, know that I am giving you a part of my soul and I expect you to take care of it as a part of my soul. So here are some things I will do to you if you abuse my soul:
1. If you dog-ear my pages, I will dog-ear your extremities.
2. If you spill something on my book, a full…
Love is when
Your boyfriend cuddles with you while your comfy in bed reading a book, and sometimes even reads parts of the books out loud to you while playing with your hair
if you ever think English is not a shit language just remember that read and lead rhyme and read and lead rhyme, but read and lead don’t rhyme, and neither do read and lead.
This post fucked me up.
More Bookstores I Want to Visit:
1. Livraria Lello in Porto, Portugal
2. Selexyz Bookstore in Maastricht, Holland
3. Bart’s Books in Ojai, California, United States
4. Barter Books in Alnwick, England, United Kingdom
5. Ler Devagar in Lisbon, Portugal
6. Syber’s Books in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
7. Gertrude and Alice Bookstore Cafe in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
8. Tattered Cover Book Store in Denver, Colorado, United States
9. Book World in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10. Hatchards in London, England, United Kingdom
Always. Probably the most painful word in the English language. Anyways off to school. #hp #harrypotter #danielradcliffe #emmawatson #rupertgrint